Sunday, March 7, 2010

Which hotel should I book in Bath - the Priory or the Royal Cresent? (I'm not paying)?

I'd go for the Royal Crescent...just for the sheer opulence of the area..Which hotel should I book in Bath - the Priory or the Royal Cresent? (I'm not paying)?
Priory will probably be quieterWhich hotel should I book in Bath - the Priory or the Royal Cresent? (I'm not paying)?
The Priory - it's a LOT cheaper, the Royal Crescent is about 拢3,000 per NIGHT.





If you want a hotel right in the centre of Bath contact either The Francis or City Inn.
Ohhhh, I saw your question and just HAD to respond! I stayed at the Priory on my very first visit to England and the fond memories have stuck with me all this time!





It was absolutely lovely. The rooms, the pleasant/attentive staff, the grounds, the restaurant....all were top notch.





The only negative I can think of is that it is a bit of a distance from the town center. The Royal Crescent is much more central.
Ooh the Royal Crescent!!!





Lucky you!
The Bath Spa Hotel!





It is Bath's original 5-star hotel (the Crescent is also 5-star; the Priory is 4-star), but with a slightly more informal atmosphere. It is on its own, in its own grounds (like the Priory), and the history of the building is also quite interesting. It's also better located for walking to the centre of the City and its attractions.








By the way, the Royal Crescent is more expensive than the Spa or the Priory, but we are talking about 拢530 as the starting price for a double room, rather than 拢3000!

No comments:

Post a Comment