Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Inexpensive but nice hotels in London with private bath close to tube for middle aged couple?

Ok, I had to search because it was almost 4 years ago that my son and I went there and I couldn't remember the name of the hotel or which borough it was in. But I got the information.





We stayed at The Comfort Inn Notting Hill. I booked it with a package through Expedia. It was my son and myself, plane ride from NY, and transportation from the airport and back, the hotel stay and a tour, 6 mights. All for under $2000. The room was small, but that's what a 4 star European hotel is like, compared to US hotels. BUT the service was great, the people were so friendly, the bar was open 24 hours and I got to meet so many wonderful people from all over the world. They were so accommodating and willing to answer any questions that I had. There was an entrance to the tube right across the street. The theatre district was close, shopping was abundant. It was a great location. We walked practically everywhere, and that's not easy all the time with an 8 year old. If I was to go back there I would book at the same hotel.





I don't know how you plan on booking, but here is the link to the hotel site. Though I do recommend shopping around a bit on those discount websites. They can get you great deals, much better then if you book directly.





Have fun. London was amazing!!Inexpensive but nice hotels in London with private bath close to tube for middle aged couple?
We stayed at the Thistle Charring Cross on our trip. It is right next door to the train and tube stations. It is also walking distance to Westminster Abbey, the palace and other attractions. I don't remember the price but it was worth it to us to be able to walk where we wanted to see things and get meals.Inexpensive but nice hotels in London with private bath close to tube for middle aged couple?
Buddy, nothing is inexpensive in London. Your dollar is worth about half as much over there.
Hello there





I used to do a lot of travelling and had stayed in alot of london hotels, the holiday Regents park would be ideal one as the undergroung is 5 mins walk, but there are also other hotels the best thing would be that you goto one hotel 30 days before your booking date and ask at the desk to ring for you a hotel with leisure facilities %26amp; nr to the tube station. To best find out about information, you can call for a 14 days advance booking rate on 0800405060, sometimes its as cheap as room only for 55 pounds per night with leisure facility too.
Go to the Travel thing in the Yahoo Home Page,Its on the left side,and go to the Hotel section.
Imperial hotel is a good choice on Russell Square (Southampton Row) no more than street corner from Russell Square station, 10 minutes on foot from British Museum. Full breakfast included and coffee or tea in the room for about 150$ a night for 2 people. You may have good packages with flights and hotel for a week. Check with British airways on their website or on Visit London site.

No comments:

Post a Comment