Sunday, March 7, 2010

Grand Mecure, Hydro Majestic Hotel (Medlow Bath) - Katoomba?

Have you stayed at the Hydro Majestic Hotel - what was your experience of this Hotel?Grand Mecure, Hydro Majestic Hotel (Medlow Bath) - Katoomba?
I enjoyed my stay there. While I was there I kept humming the theme music from the movie ';Somewhere in Time'; starring Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour where it was filmed at the Grand Hotel Mackinac Island.





In the youtube site below you can listen to the music that I am refering to.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0w3jMvZB鈥?/a>


It's worth listening to right through to end of the clip.





The Hydro Majestic is not in the same league as the Grand Hotel but it does have that old world charm about it. The dinning was very good and lots of sites to see in the Blue Mountains.





It was in the middle of winter when I stayed there, so as I walked into the foyer I could see the large open log fire burning and beautiful decor, was like stepping back in time.





If you plan on staying there I think winter is the best time to go and it you get lucky it might even snow.





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0w3jMvZB鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment